Are you ready to tackle a range of financial and administrative tasks in a part-time position (8-10 hours per week) with flexible hours that pays $20-$25/hour? We're a small civil liberties non-profit based in Washington, DC. You will be our Salsa CRM administrator and expert, and you will interface with our outside bookkeeping firm to ensure accuracy and timely reports. We’re particularly looking for someone who enjoys, and is good at, improving or designing processes and systems that can drive efficiency in a growing organization.
- Work with our outside bookkeeping firm to provide necessary records, ensure accuracy of their financial reports.
- Work with our CPA to provide records necessary for annual audit and 990.
- Process payroll using Paychex
- Process transactions (Deposit checks/pay bills)
- Maintain financial and administrative records
- Ensure all staff document expenses appropriately
- Track and ensure completion of annual state registration filings
- Develop forms and systems for record keeping as needed
Salsa CRM Administration
- Serve as the primary system administrator for our CRM.
- Ensure gifts and pledges are accurate, recorded, and processed to reflect the donor’s intentions and aligns with appropriate categorizations for appeals and funds.
- Ensure pledge reminder process and recurring gift renewals are completed,
- Create dashboards and reports on key performance metrics/indicators to evaluate performance and inform strategy.
- Generate reports and assist with prospect pipeline to support fundraising efforts. Create donor profiles.
- Generate queries/report/exports for donor mailings, recognition and appeal/campaign analysis.
- Update additional information in Salsa (merging donor accounts, updating contact information, uploading emails), and perform cleanup of prior records, as required.
And Other Administrative Duties as Assigned
- Experience using donor databases or CRMs and/or willingness and aptitude to learn Salsa CRM
- 1+ years of relevant experience in fundraising, finance and/or administrative support
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail
- Ability to work well with minimal supervision
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel
- Understanding of Quickbooks and basic bookkeeping including fund accounting is a plus
- Experience with the Salsa CRM, Salsa Engage or other online fundraising and advocacy software is a plus